Last 27 February 2017, sixty (60) units of Nego Carts were distributed to the local recipients at the Municipal Gym of Angat, Bulacan. This is under the 2016 Bottom-Up Budgeting (BUB) program of the national government in cooperation with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the municipal government of Angat.
The smile on the faces of these recipients is so overwhelming. These recipients came from the groups of solo parents, persons with disability, youths, and women’s group. Most of them were the same persons who participated in the 2015 Livelihood Training project also under the BUB program of the national government. Together with these Nego Carts, a start-up capital will also be given. They will be continuously monitored and assisted to ensure that their businesses will prosper and help uplift their lives.
The Local Poverty Reduction Action Team (LPRAT) which consist of representatives from different sectors of society together with the town Mayor and municipal department heads of Angat, worked hand in hand to identify and implement projects that will benefit the grassroots.
Other projects under the 2016 BUB program are as follows:
1. Two (2) Units Rescue Vehicle 1 Unit Ambulance/DILG – Php 4M – purchased
2. Construction of Drainage Canal with cover in Saudi Street/DILG – Php 1M – completed
3. Concreting of Barangay Road in Niugan/DILG – Php 3.2M
4. Rehabilitation of 5 BHS & Puchase of Medical Equipment in Brgys Laog, Banaban, Binagbag, Taboc, and Encanto.- Php 2.5M
5. Construction of School Fence in Angat National High School & Col. Vicente L. Salvador Elem. School/Deped – Php 700K
6. Ten (10) Units Hand Tractors for 10 Farmers organizations/DA – Php 1.3M
7. Twenty (20) Units Shallow Tube Well (STW) for Farmers/DA – Php 1.4M
8. Purchase of lot for Slaughter House/LGU – Php 1,530,000.
*Note: Some of these projects are still on-going or soon to be implemented
Indeed, the people’s taxes are finding their way back to the people. Let us continue to move forward, Angat!